Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Good Days and Bad

We all have good days and bad, right? So I haven't been diligent about counting calories. But, I have done well with eating. I'm just watching to make sure I don't eat a lot of junk. I did blow it a bit tonight though. I had some milk duds. However, tomorrow I'm hitting the gym! Woo Hoo! I know I can do the treadmill and the bike. I kind of get bored after that! What I really want to do is buy some flippers and go swimming. I'm a bit weak on the swimming thing and was told by my daughter's swim coach to wear these as it will help to build my stamina. As it increases, I'll need them less. I'm good with that. I just need to get to a sporting goods store and buy some. I really don't want to walk out in the pool though with my fat flabbing all over the place. I usually wear swim shorts and a rash guard (with swim shirt underneath). Heck, if I could get away with it, I'd just wear this:

 

What I'd really like to wear though, is this:


But seeing that I'm 43 now and have 2 young children, I'm more likely to wear this:


 

Now if I could just get my husband to look like this in a suit, I'd be all set!

 

Okay! So off the subject of bathing suits.  But seriously, as winter starts to come to a close, don't you start thinking about those things and how much you hate going shopping for that and shorts? Anyway, I was thinking about recipes. A friend of mine sent me a fabulous recipe so it got me to thinking. I need to put some recipes up here for you. I am going to give you my cheap way of making Chicken Cacciatore. Seriously, this is super cheap!

2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 can diced tomatoes
3 teaspoons garlic powder (or salt if you are out)
3 tablespoons italian seasoning (if you don't have this, use oregano, thyme, sage, basil and whatever other green leafy dried seasonings you have)
Olive oil
Spaghetti noodles (preferrably the thin ones as they are less in carbs)
1 can tomato sauce

Directions - Start water for noodles. Once boiling, add noodles and cook until you can throw them on the wall and they stick (just kidding, make sure they stick to the floor). Place can of tomato sauce in small pan. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of italian seasoning to sauce. Keep on low heat.

In frying pan, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in pan and cook thoroughly on medium heat. In order to speed up the process of cooking, you can place a lid on the pan to seal in the heat. Once cooked, add can of diced tomatoes, and remainder of seasonings. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes or until water from diced tomatoes is almost gone. 

Place chicken and tomatoes on plate. Add noodles to the side with about 3 tablespoons of sauce over the noodles for taste. This happens to be a very low carb dinner and low in calories. But don't overdo it on the pasta! Enjoy!

This recipe is cooked in my house often. I have a diabetic cookbook but find that some of the items are really expensive in ingredients. So I usually try to pare it down but make it taste similar. This simple recipe seen here accomplishes that and it's easy on the pocketbook! Let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for adding a bit of humor to this horrible weight loss/healthy living thing we are all going through. Love the swim suit pictures -I am in total agreement with all of them.

Post a Comment