Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crash, Burn, and Sploosh!

Things have been so very hectic around my house. In case I haven't mentioned it, I homeschool my daughter full time and my son, part time. He attends a 1/2 day Kindergarten. The past few weeks have been challenging to say the least. Because I was so frustrated with attitudes and lack of accomplishments, I fell off my diet hard. If I'd waited just one more week, the title would have read "Crash, Burn, Sploosh, & bloop...bloop...bloop" indicating my drowning!

I'm not a fan of the saying "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade." By nature, I am a pessimist. Why? My mother is one and raised me in that atmosphere. I work hard at not being one but deep down, I feel it in my bones. I'm trying my very hardest to ensure my children don't end up pessimists. With that said, I'm working on being a better mother, better teacher, better wife, and better person. The only way I can accomplish that is with support. Unfortunately, I find that I don't get much support on the home front because there is so much going on that I kind of get lost. I don't mind that. But when I do need the support, I usually reach out to others for it.

That's where you come in. If you know of people who are struggling with life issues, be it weight, family, school, etc. Send them to my blog. We'll support each other. If they have a blog let me know and I'll follow it to show them my support. In "support" of that I am creating a new sidebar addition. It's called my "Support Hose." Yep, we all need support. Since most people balk at the idea of being called a "ho" and rightly so, I've changed the name to Hose. It has double meaning and gives me a complete giggle! That's why this blog is dedicated to laughing at ourselves so that we can lighten life. So I've already added some blog links. If you don't have a blog, just leave me your name and tell me you're following either via RSS or Here and I will add your name.

In loving support,
Denise

1 comments:

Paula said...

Denise - you have been giving me support for a while and you didn't even know. I so can relate to your posts. Agree with the not gonna make lemonade. I'm thinking there has to be a good mixed drink out there that I can use all of my lemons for.

Post a Comment