Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On target...Dessert Pizza

I did really well with calories today but need to make sure I hit at least the minimum mark from now on. Did you know that if you deprive your body of calories, it feeds from the rest of your bodies nutrients. This includes from your bones and muscles. I believe I heard that one on "Dr. Oz," but don't quote me. It does make sense though. Think about it, if you're used to getting 1800 calories a day, to lower it some really isn't a big deal. However, if you're still as active as you were or more so, and you only get 1200 calories, you're going to have to feed your body somehow, right? So here's how I did today:

Total Calories: 1,030 (admittedly, I am a bit hungry and it's almost midnight but it's just recently happened)
Total Carbs: 126 (oooh! Better!)

I managed to get in all of my water today which is another bonus. I'm feeling pretty good today about what I've done! I feel like I need to take it up a notch - maybe work out now. However, I said I was going to take things slowly. I have noticed that if I jump in full force, I quit full force. So I will continue to just monitor what I eat and make sure I get in my water. It's getting easier as I go along.

So guess what I did today? I ate at Panera Bread. It's a HUGE downfall for me. I love that place. I'm originally from San Francisco and just LOVE soup in a bread bowl. I used to go down to Pier 39 and buy it. In my opinion, the only good bread is the kind you have to rip apart with the jaws of life. I think that's why I fit so well with Europeans. I lived in Germany for awhile and traveled. Each place I went to had the same kind of bread that you had to rip apart. Yummy! I need to find a recipe for that. Anyway, I had a full Asian Chicken Salad. It's a large salad but only 400 calories (or so they say!).

So how about a wonderful recipe that I made for my son's class earlier this year? It was a hit with his entire Kindergarten class. You can use whatever fruit you want. But I am writing what I used.

Dessert Pizza
Ingredients:

  • 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 cup sliced plums
  • 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 cup seedless grapes, sliced
Directions:

  1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Spread out cookie dough on either a pizza pan or cookie pan. (This doesn't have to be round, I made mine rectangle). Cook the dough for 15 - 20 minutes, or until it's just starting to get slightly brown. It's important that you don't overcook it or the "crust" will be hard.
  2. Remove from the oven and cool the dough completely.
  3. Spread out whipped topping on cooled cookie dough crust. This will act as your sauce.
  4. Layer fruit on top in no specific order. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I will look through my pictures and see if I can find a copy of my pizza. I can't remember where it's at right now. The greatest thing about this sweet dessert is that it's healthy and the kids love it. Enjoy! ~Denise

0 comments:

Post a Comment